- Director ETC
Studies and activities abroad
- Language courses in French during the summers of 1972, 1989, 1990 in France
- English Legal Summer Law Course in Cambridge, Great Britain, 1982.
- Assistant to the Division of Human Rights during the Session of the Human Rights Commission in Geneva, Switzerland, 1984
- International Law Seminar, organized by the International Law Commission of the United Nations in Geneva, Switzerland, 1986
- Organization of student excursions to Geneva, Brussels, Luxembourg, Strasbourg and The Hague
- Visiting Professor at the University of Minnesota, College of Liberal Arts, Institute of International Studies, winter term 1995
Professional career and teaching experience
- 1972 member of staff at the Institute of International Law and International Relations under Univ.-Prof. Dr. Konrad Ginther
- 1989 Associate professor at the same institute
- Teaching in the field of international law in general and special courses in human rights law, the relationship between international law and internal public Austrian law, Austrian foreign policy and the democratic process, regionalism, etc.
Special courses on "Austria in the international system" and "The European System on Human Rights" for American students within the study program of the State University of New York at Binghamton at the University of Graz regularly since 1986.
- Joint seminars on questions about the European order with the Political Sciences Faculty of the University of Ljubljana/Slovenia.
- Course on "The European System for the Protection of Human Rights in Transition" at the University of Minnesota, during the winter term 1995
- Teacher within the framework of the Post-Graduate Master Degree Study Program on International Law at the Faculty of Law, University of Maribor, on: "International Procedures for the Protection of Human Rights of individuals and groups with a stress on the European Convention on Human Rights (ECHR).
- Handbook under the title "Foreign Policy and Democracy in Austria", a research project based on an opinion poll in Austria in 1981 and personal interviews with foreign policy- makers, edited together with Andreas Khol and Hanspeter Neuhold.
- Several articles on federalism in Austria and the foreign policy function of the "Lšnder" and regionalism as well as transborder foreign policy within the Working Community Alps-Adria
- Articles on the Universal and European System on the Prevention of Torture